X Media Lab Switzerland: “Transmedia” Call for Project Nominations
Unique opportunity for Swiss creative industries professionals to workshop their “transmedia” ideas with the world’s most successful transmedia and interactive media visionaries.
A weekend of one-on-one mentoring with the transmedia producers of Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, Halo, Coca Cola, Transformers, Ferrari and Fiat; the narrative designer of computer games Company of Heroes, Lord of the Rings, Batman and the Marvel Universe and more.
The Swiss Federal Office of Culture, X Media Lab and Pro Helvetia today called for nominations from filmmakers, tv producers, writers, directors, game designers, interactive media professionals and digital media entrepreneurs to take part in a rare opportunity to workshop their “transmedia” project ideas with some of the world’s most successful digital and transmedia luminaries, as part of X Media Lab Switzerland: “Transmedia”, to be held in Lausanne, 27 – 29 September 2013.
X Media Lab (XML) is the internationally acclaimed creative industries event. XML Switzerland comprises an intensive one-day conference with 16 keynote speakers from some of the world’s most lauded transmedia practitioners (27 September); two-days of instructional masterclasses (28 –29 September); and The Lab (28 – 29 September) – a mentoring workshop for selected teams to develop their own projects and ideas with one-on-one assistance from some of the world’s leading transmedia experts.
People with outstanding projects across transmedia, film, television, computer games, interactive media, mobile and participatory media are encouraged to apply.
Projects can have a cultural, entertainment, educational or informational objective.
“X Media Lab Switzerland will be a vibrant meeting place where artists, screen practitioners, games designers, interactive media professionals and cultural institutions can connect with their international peers, share ideas and build valuable and lasting creative networks.” Said Franziska Burkhardt, Head of Culture Creation Section, Swiss Federal Office of Culture.
“This is a unique opportunity to get practical and intelligent advice from some of the most creative minds in transmedia. We encourage anyone with a transmedia project to apply to participate in the Lab” she said.
International Mentors participating in X Media Lab Switzerland include:
- Jeff Gomez – the world’s foremost transmedia producer – Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, Halo, Men in Black III, Hotwheels, Transformers (New Y ork)
- Erinrose Sullivan – Senior Director, Global Insights – Analytics and Insights, Electronic Arts (Geneva)
- Stephen Dinehart – Award winning narrative designer for computer games (Company of Heroes, Lord of the Rings, Batman, the Marvel Universe) (Kansas City)
- Eric Huang – Development Director, Made in Me; Pioneer digital publisher for Penguin Books; former development director for Mind Candy (Moshi Monsters) (London)
- Katie Salen – award winning game designer; author of Rules of Play – the No. 1 game design textbook; Founder of Institute of Play (New York)
- Ingrid Kopp – Director of Digital Initiatives, Tribeca Film Institute (New Y ork)
- Andre Deak – Award winning “post-journalist” and web documentary producer; Co-founder of House of Digital Culture, ESPM Lab researcher (Sao Paulo)
- Matteo Stanzani – transmedia designer for Disney, Ferrari, Ferrero; Member of the 2013 Digital Emmy Awards Jury (New York, Italy)
- Martina Mara – media psychologist; researcher in human-robot interactions and the future of television at Ars Electronica Future Lab (Linz)
- Simon Staffen – interactive Emmy nominated content and format developer for MediaCity Finland; author of One Year in Transmedia (Vaasa)
- Bjarke Myrthu – CEO & Founder of Storyplanet – a tool that turns almost any idea into a beautiful story (investors include Joichi Ito, CEO at MIT Medialab and investor in Twitter, Last FM, Flickr and Movable Type) (Copenhagen)
- Karine Halpern – one of France’s transmedia pioneers; Creator of the 7 Transmedia Families Design Thinking Tool; Founder of Transmedia Alliance Europe (Paris)
- and more to be announced!
To nominate your project for X Media Lab Switzerland: “Transmedia” visit www.xmedialab.com
About X Media Lab:
X Media Lab is the internationally acclaimed professional network and digital media event for the world’s creative industries. X Media Lab provides assistance with creative industries development, business development and access to international expertise and finance. Each X Media Lab is a completely unique event where people with original digital media ideas connect with a superb international network of independent creative thinkers, technology wizards, commercialisation experts, potential business partners and financial resources. Since launching at the Sydney Opera House in 2003, over 60 X Media Lab events have been held in 21 cities and 14 countries across the world including: Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK and the US.
www.xmedialab.com firstname.lastname@example.org @xmedialab.com